Professor Shreya Biswas is currently working as Assistant Professor in the General Management area at Shanti Business School. Her specialisation is in economics which includes macroeconomics, managerial economics, microeconomics, econometrics and mathematical economics
She has also served as a visiting faculty in the Nirma University where she has taught business statistics to commerce students.
Macroeconomics, Government Policies, Law and Economics
Journals and Online Portals
- Biswas, S. (2013). Diesel subsidy: A Tricky Game for the Government in Coalition Politics. Arthshastra: Indian Journal of Economics & Research, 2(4), 33-43.
- Panda, R. and Biswas, S. (2014). FDI in Defence: Scope for MSMEs. Journal of Development Research, 7(2), 13-27.
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Biswas, S. (2015, September 17). Real Estate Regulation Bill – A Cosmetic Exercise. Retrieved from http://bizodisha.com/2015/09/real-estate-regulation-bill-a-cosmetic-exercise/
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Biswas, S. (2015, October 4). Real Estate Regulation Bill may not ensure one stop solution. Retrieved from http://bizodisha.com/2015/10/real-estate-regulation-bill-may-not-ensure-one-stop-solution/
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Biswas, S. (2016, January 5). FMC and Sebi Merger: Emergence of New Dawn despite Challenges. Retrieved from http://bizodisha.com/2016/01/fmc-and-sebi-merger-emergence-of-a-new-dawn-despite-challenges/
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Biswas, S. (2016, August 22). Development Democracies and Dynasties. Retrieved from http://bizodisha.com/2016/08/development-democracies-and-dynasties/
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Biswas, S. (2016, August 22). Development Democracies and Dynasties – II. Retrieved from http://bizodisha.com/2016/09/development-democracies-and-dynasties-ii/
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Shreya, B. (2016). Real estate regulation bill: The beginning of a long journey. In P. Panda & R. Panda (Eds.), Indian economy in new perspectives (pp.66-80). Delhi: Navyug Books International.
- Panda, R., Panda, P. & Shreya, B. (2016). Debt and dynastic politics: An analysis of Indian political economic scenario. In P. Panda & R. Panda (Eds.), Indian economy in new perspectives (pp.223-243). Delhi: Navyug Books International.
- Biswas, S. & Panda, R. (2017). Juxtaposition of the liberalisation policies and the competition laws in India. In Nagar, R., Prasad, P. M. & Mamidi P. (Eds.), Law and Economics: Breaking new grounds (pp.257-274). Lucknow: Eastern Book Company
Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Biswas, S. & Panda, R. (2016). Petroleum Subsidy and its Impact on the Quality of Budget. 5th International Conference on Energy and Infrastructure Management.
- Biswas, S. & Panda, R. (2018). Political Economy of the Indian Petroleum Sector – The Tango of Taxes and Subsidies. 6th International Conference on Energy and Infrastructure Management.
Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
- Successfully participated in the Faculty Development Programme on Business Research and Analytics conducted by MICA in 2015.
- Successfully completed a Certificate course on Law and Economics from Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) with 67.50 %
- Successfully completed another Advance Certificate Course on Law and Economics from Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) with 75.50 %